Women/Business/Angels Associaton’s third training event in its 2021 Spring Semester – held on 27 April from 6PM – looked at the investment process itself related to business angel investments into startups.
Imre Hild on behalf of WBA opened the training and introduced the first speaker, Erik Bovee from SpeedInvest.
- Erik talked about the similarities and differences of the US and the European/CEE ecosystems, emphasizing that the European investment environment has developed a lot in the last 10 years and it is built on very good foundations – good education and significant amount of investment funds. Erik pointed out the special place CEE holds in the global investment scene – the opportunity for angels to make good money by finding excellent local startups and helping them to step up to a larger market. “Once those founders step off the plane in San Francisco, you have already doubled your money” – he said. Erik advised us about certain factors to look for in a startup while he also warned us about red flags.
- In the second part of the training, Levente Zsembery, Chairman of the Hungarian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association gave us an excellent talk about the valuation process of companies. He not only helped us better understand how to evaluate the startup, the product, the market, the status of the investment but also pointed out that “the investment story” is only a part of a larger equation. Even more important to keep in mind the potential exit stories, and mentioned that investors do appreciate flexibility, when the startup foresees more than one potential prospective outcome.
- Finally, we invited the participants to our next event, the 3rd WBA Club on 11 May from 6PM, with startups like Webshippy and Bindr sharing their stories on the investment process and angel cooperation. Eszter Szabó, President of WBA thanked all for the evening and urged the audience to sign up for WBA’s upcoming events!
How can you learn more about the Semester and join it? Fill in the registration form on the website!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact:
- Barbara Verő (email@example.com, +36205565058)
- Eszter Szabó (firstname.lastname@example.org)